Teeth irregularities have been a rampant dental issue that affects people globally. The problems do affect not only the physical aspect of a person but also cause psychological distress. It makes the person self-conscious when smiling and talking and even makes the daily activities (eating, speaking, chewing) quite challenging. Most people who suffer from teeth abnormalities tend to have poor social relations. With regards to this, cosmetic dentistry developed a way to mask teeth abnormalities by using Porcelain Veneers. At Yorkshire Family Dentistry, we offer porcelain veneers to cover dental issues to restore our patients’ healthy smiles and confidence.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
They are the type of veneers made from tooth-colored materials used to improve teeth and facial aesthetics. Porcelain veneers are wafer-thin shells bonded to the front surface of the tooth to alter its color, size, shape, and length. These restorations mimic the natural color of the teeth which makes them more aesthetically pleasing. Patients with porcelain veneers can enjoy any kinds of foods without worrying about discoloration because they stain-resistant.
Though porcelain veneers are commonly used in cosmetic dentistry, they also have protective benefits to the tooth which help eliminate complex treatments.
Dental Issues Porcelain Veneers Fix
- Discolored Teeth
- Worn Down Teeth
- Chipped, Broken and Cracked Teeth
- Misaligned and Uneven Teeth
- Irregularly Shaped Teeth
- Gapped Teeth
Porcelain Veneers Procedure
Examination and Treatment Planning
- Before the procedure starts, the patient will undergo a thorough examination to determine if they are a good candidate for veneers. The desired result of the patient and the treatment plan will be discussed as well. After the discussion, the dentist will use a digital x-ray to make an impression of the patient’s teeth and send it to an offsite laboratory to create the permanent porcelain veneer (which takes two to four weeks).
- For the preparation, the dentist will administer local anesthesia to numb the area. A part of the teeth enamel is then removed for the bonding of veneers.
- Since the permanent veneers are not yet available, a temporary dental veneer will be placed to protect the prepared teeth.
Once the custom-made porcelain veneer is available, it will be tried on the patient’s tooth to examine the color and fit. After the fitting procedure, the teeth will be cleaned, polished and etched (roughens the tooth surface for strong bonding). A specialized cement is then placed on the permanent porcelain veneer and will be bonded to the teeth. Once it is placed, a specialized light is used to cure and allow the cement to harden. To complete the procedure, the excess adhesive is removed and bite testing is done.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Natural Looking
- Easy Maintenance
- Stain Resistant
- Strong and Durable
- Minimally Invasive Procedure
- Improve Confidence
- Add Protection
- Hide teeth Irregularities
- Enhance Confidence
Porcelain veneers are a great help for patients who are suffering from teeth irregularities.
Bring out your best smile with Porcelain Veneers in Yorktown, book your appointments with Yorkshire Family Dentistry! Visit us at 3212 Hampton Hwy, Yorktown, VA 23693, so that you will experience outstanding results to make your teeth naturally beautiful and healthy.