A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cover or cap that provides protection and strength to a damaged tooth while giving it an attractive, natural-looking appearance. Once installed and cemented, a crown will appear and function like your natural tooth.
A crown, when cemented into place, fully encases the visible portion of a tooth.
A dental crown may be recommended in the following situations:
To protect a weak tooth from breaking
- To hold together a cracked tooth
- To restore a tooth that has been worn down
- To support a tooth with a large filling
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapen or discolored teeth
- To cover a dental implant
The professionals at Yorkshire Family Dentistry specialize in dental crowns. Call us today to schedule your appointment. We are conveniently located at 3212 Hampton Hwy., Yorktown, VA 23693 for a consultation today.