Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this if you’ve visited our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Upon arrival, please remain in your vehicle in the parking lot and let us know via call or text that you have arrived. A member of our team will meet you outside and check your temperature before you enter the practice.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We will be utilizing enhanced Personal Protective Equipment protocols (PPE) over-and-above prior standards
- To aid in improving air quality within our practices even more, we will be adding multiple air disinfecting purifiers approved for clinical settings that eliminates pathogens and contaminants.
- We will be adding additional high volume evacuators for our hygiene team to reduce aerosols as well.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
– The Yorkshire Family Dentistry team
To all of the staff at Yorkshire Family Dentistry:
Thank you so much for the amazing environment you have created for your clients.
I felt very safe and appreciated coming back in.
You all are a great family unit and it was good to see everyone.
You all go above and beyond for us all. Thanks.
– Diane H.